If you’re interested in a nonsurgical way to reduce submental fullness, also known as double chin, KYBELLA® may be right for you.
KYBELLA® is a first-of-its-kind injectable treatment for adults with submental fullness that destroys fat cells under the chin
to improve your profile.
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under your chin, and the injection process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
After KYBELLA® treatment, you will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under your chin.
Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments varies from patient to patient. We will determine how many treatment sessions you need based on the amount and distribution of your submental fat and your personal treatment goals. Each KYBELLA® treatment session is given at least 1 month apart, and you should not receive more than 6 treatments.
Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
• Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
• Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area
• Have had or have trouble swallowing
• Have bleeding problems
• Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby)
• Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk; talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive KYBELLA®)
• Are taking any medications, especially blood thinners
Please fill in the form providing us your first and last name, email and a good contact phone number. Then select which of our service(s) you are interested in and we will contact you. If you need immediate help please call us during our normal business hours.